One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Watkins is wrong about the unconstitutionality of the Federalists' sedition act because he uncritically adopts Madison and Jefferson's 1798 reading of the First Amendment.’
- ‘Such judicial power has been interpreted to include the power to review and invalidate, based on unconstitutionality, both federal and state actions.’
- ‘Although five justices made up the majority that declared the death penalty to be ‘cruel and unusual’ punishment, they did not agree on the basis of their holding of unconstitutionality.’
- ‘It is part of dealing procedurally, if one likes, on an interlocutory basis with the problem of unconstitutionality before it is known to be unconstitutional.’
- ‘For example, one might provide for group action, whereby associations of, say, homeless people, would be able to challenge government housing policies on grounds of unconstitutionality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.