One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her eldest daughter, Fjolla, 7, is anxious to return to school - she hasn't been in class since March - but she cries unconsolably at the mention of Kosovo.’
- ‘He became a little sleepy, and hence a little fussy, toward the end, but never unconsolably so.’
- ‘The remainder of that week was absolutely horrible with calls from the school nurse that my daughter was crying unconsolably and complaining of a stomach ache.’
- ‘The fact that, after seeing the trailer, I thought that the shark ate everyone, and was unconsolably disappointed is of no importance whatever.’
- ‘Hello everyone, I hope you've been unconsolably miserable whilst we've been away, and dreaming of us every fitful night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.