One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her eldest daughter, Fjolla, 7, is anxious to return to school - she hasn't been in class since March - but she cries unconsolably at the mention of Kosovo.’
- ‘The fact that, after seeing the trailer, I thought that the shark ate everyone, and was unconsolably disappointed is of no importance whatever.’
- ‘Hello everyone, I hope you've been unconsolably miserable whilst we've been away, and dreaming of us every fitful night.’
- ‘The remainder of that week was absolutely horrible with calls from the school nurse that my daughter was crying unconsolably and complaining of a stomach ache.’
- ‘He became a little sleepy, and hence a little fussy, toward the end, but never unconsolably so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.