One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without realizing or being aware of one's actions.‘Ben smiled unconsciously when he heard her voice’sentence adverb ‘unconsciously, she has spent her whole life looking for a man who could live up to the ideal of her father’
- ‘Once the stakes were raised and he got a taste of stardom, his humor became unconsciously cruel.’
- ‘I've realized a posteriori that a moment of destruction in the fiction related to my own mother; unconsciously, I was experiencing the same kind of relationship.’
- ‘Often, consciously or unconsciously on the part of the designer, the interface takes the form of a control panel or a kind of dashboard.’
- ‘Both the military and the spies spend most the film attempting to curtail his freedom: they collude, albeit unconsciously, in trying to trap and imprison him.’
- ‘Unconsciously or not, he was skilled from an early age at capturing movement and at posing interesting and original compositions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.