One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A surface of contact between two groups of unconformable strata.‘erosion beneath the Hercynian unconformity has removed most of the Westphalian strata’
- ‘Data on a systemic boundary unconformity on the west Newfoundland shelf are more problematic.’
- ‘That unconformity is overlain by sandstones of the Puentelles Formation, dated as late Kasimovian based on its fossil flora.’
- ‘First, there are no late Cambrian rocks in many areas: they are represented by unconformities.’
- ‘Both overlie a pronounced angular unconformity and both are predominantly fluvial deposits.’
- ‘The middle Osagean age of the fauna indicates a previously unrecognized unconformity between the Nada and the overlying Meramecianage Renfro Member of the Slade Formation.’
- 1.1mass noun The condition of being unconformable.‘folded early Devonian rocks are overlain with marked unconformity by late Devonian sediments’
- ‘You still get men wearing hats now but it's almost a sign of unconformity for a young man to wear a hat apart from baseball hats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.