One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not expressed or revealed; secret.‘we all knew there was an uncommunicated, hidden agenda’‘an uncommunicated inward intention’
confidential, strictly confidential, top secret, classified, restricted, unrevealed, undisclosed, unpublished, untold, unknown, behind someone's back, under wraps, unofficial, off the record, not for circulation, not for publication, not to be made public, not to be disclosedView synonyms
- ‘The uncommunicated part of her story points perhaps in a different direction.’
- ‘An uncommunicated policy does not exist.’
- ‘An uncommunicated inward intention is wholly irrelevant.’
- ‘An unrecorded or uncommunicated decision, even if made at the same time as the decision to refuse or grant conditional consent, would not suffice.’
- ‘I'm using the idea here because it's too good to sit in Matt's brain uncommunicated to the world at large.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.