One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's something hugely satisfying in my new ability to stand silent for five minutes looking at menus without being compelled to order food by the previous uncomfortableness of such silences.’
- ‘Why is it okay for straight women to compliment the looks of another woman and then, on the other hand, when men do the same, social uncomfortableness arises.’
- ‘I honestly don't know what kept me from falling asleep, although it might have something to do with the overwhelming uncomfortableness of the chair I was sitting on.’
- ‘And I think more than the uncomfortableness and lack of maybe toilet facilities, Kyra, it has been the lack of information.’
- ‘I didn't cough or splutter… in fact, I felt no awkwardness or uncomfortableness that I thought I might, and so I did it again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.