One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is not typical of a particular person or thing.‘he hesitated uncharacteristically’‘she seemed uncharacteristically quiet’
- ‘The score by John Williams is uncharacteristically jazzy.’
- ‘Lubitsch also had a knack of getting uncharacteristically good performances out of his actors.’
- ‘The hero is uncharacteristically drawn into a scene of violence.’
- ‘He was eventually much happier at the Architectural Association where, uncharacteristically for the time, Frank Lloyd Wright was his preferred modern architect.’
- ‘Best of the set though is the uncharacteristically breezily lilting third number.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.