One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is not typical of a particular person or thing.‘he hesitated uncharacteristically’‘she seemed uncharacteristically quiet’
- ‘Best of the set though is the uncharacteristically breezily lilting third number.’
- ‘The score by John Williams is uncharacteristically jazzy.’
- ‘The hero is uncharacteristically drawn into a scene of violence.’
- ‘Lubitsch also had a knack of getting uncharacteristically good performances out of his actors.’
- ‘He was eventually much happier at the Architectural Association where, uncharacteristically for the time, Frank Lloyd Wright was his preferred modern architect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.