Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not changed; unaltered.‘an unchanged side for tonight's home game’
fixed, established, hard and fast, determined, predetermined, arranged, prearranged, prescribed, scheduled, specified, defined, appointed, decided, agreedView synonyms
- ‘Commendably, the friendly demeanour he displayed on that Perth range in January was unchanged.’
- ‘But both men believe the spirit of the schools remains unchanged and have high hopes for the future.’
- ‘City's current home kit, launched at the start of this season, will remain unchanged for next season.’
- ‘Many such corporations are registered with Network Solutions, and this policy is unchanged.’
- ‘These would restrict development, ensuring the character of the areas remained unchanged.’
- ‘Many now predict the Fed will leave rates unchanged through the summer.’
- ‘Just send the same unchanged letter to every company and be sure to ask us about job opportunities at some other company.’
- ‘She said that US policy on negotiating with terrorists would remain unchanged.’
- ‘Luxembourg's airport is unchanged since the 1970s and it's fabulous because of it.’
- ‘Principle features such as the entrance foyer, upper lobby and auditorium would be left unchanged.’
- ‘Lying in her bedroom, Christiane looks out on a seemingly unchanged world.’
- ‘Maintaining these blocs rigid and unchanged was the key to peace and security.’
- ‘The rest of the committee and officers remain unchanged and they are prepared to carry on for another year, at least.’
- ‘He then resigned two years early, leaving the Conservative election procedures unchanged.’
- ‘They might have won their seats as new Labour, but their views have remained fundamentally unchanged.’
- ‘The ancient French towns such as Beynac seem unchanged by the centuries.’
- ‘The merged body does not have new powers and leaves the existing statutory basis of regulation unchanged.’
- ‘He predicted that New York would survive the attacks virtually unchanged.’
- ‘Having praised the performance at Anfield, Allardyce will be tempted to name an unchanged side.’
- ‘The cattle sector seems relatively unchanged, with clean cattle still relatively easy to place.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.