One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not officially recognized as possessing certain qualifications or meeting certain standards.‘his mother had been an uncertificated schoolteacher in her youth’‘uncertificated courses’
- ‘A large number of previously uncertificated courses were now adapted to be eligible for FEFC funding.’
- ‘Uncertificated courses lasted either half a day or one day.’
- ‘A collision was caused by a "blunder in seamanship of ... a somewhat serious and startling character" by an uncertificated second mate.’
- ‘The owners were not treated as responsible for all the consequences of his having been uncertificated.’
- ‘They did prevent uncertificated staff from being brought in to ease the teacher shortage.’
- ‘Uncertificated advanced life support training was defined as compulsory training in the airway-breathing-circulation approach.’
- ‘Employers are advised that the formal day of dismissal due to uncertificated or unauthorised work absence should be the last day on which the employee actually worked.’
- ‘The University may admit a student through an assessment of that student's prior learning, whether certificated or uncertificated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.