One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a lack of confidence or certainty.‘he thought for a moment before nodding uncertainly’‘the men glanced uncertainly between themselves’
- ‘"Good," he said uncertainly, because he had to say something.’
- ‘The guard bit his lip uncertainly.’
- ‘Hung uncertainly from the building, the sunshades are precast concrete on the upper level and, on the lower one, black metal.’
- ‘His spirit rises up and hovers uncertainly over proceedings.’
- ‘It was an ingenious but uncertainly developed theme of skipping skeletons and skulls descending hellward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.