One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a lack of courtesy; roughly or abruptly.‘he was unceremoniously dumped by the record company’‘she was shoved unceremoniously towards the door’
- ‘All eleven episodes of Season One, including the 90-minute pilot, are dumped quite unceremoniously onto two two-sided discs.’
- ‘A disappointing trading update in March saw the chief executive fall unceremoniously on his sword a few weeks later.’
- ‘There's a squealy axe solo unceremoniously tacked on the end, naturally.’
- ‘The case, which went unreported, had already been unceremoniously rejected in the High Court.’
- ‘The action fizzles out rather unceremoniously at the halfway mark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.