Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not censored.‘uncensored news’
uncensored, unrestrained, unreserved, unrestricted, uninhibited, graphicView synonyms
- ‘Because of its small scale - its lack of major financial constraints - it's one of the last uncensored spaces.’
- ‘I went in search not of the songs or activities taught by teachers and parents, but of the uncensored rhymes and self-generated games that children pass among themselves.’
- ‘‘She was uncensored, undiplomatic, and a total liar,’ noted Spielberg.’
- ‘They do, however, give people a global voice to express themselves in an uncensored unedited raw manner - a new development without obvious parallel.’
- ‘A system which clearly informs what a video contains, and a stricter law for selling to underage people would in my opinion allow any video to be issued uncensored.’
- ‘People are able to express their uncensored opinions and get immediate feedback from the half dozen or several hundred people who visit their site.’
- ‘Yet it's often these realistic, unglamorous details which give his women their grace, their vitality, their uncensored sensuality.’
- ‘It is only through the uncensored expression of such opinions that we can understand and seek to change the dogma of those that believe in extremism.’
- ‘I can't think of a time when events of such magnitude appeared live and uncensored on our television screens to such a degree.’
- ‘This Qatari satellite television network is a premier source in the Arab world of uncensored news and opinion.’
- ‘Anyway, blogs are like diaries; they ought to be uncensored and honest.’
- ‘You might get some very open and uncensored Urdu expletives.’
- ‘Today the image, uncensored or censored, has become iconic in popular reproductions on T-shirts, refrigerator magnets and in advertising.’
- ‘A free press was not an unregulated one - it was an uncensored one.’
- ‘The current documents are the same, but now uncensored.’
- ‘Today, they would have aired the vainglorious fiasco uncensored.’
- ‘Don't forget - you can find all the latest uncensored news from the meeting of the anti-Kremlin right here!’
- ‘It is the only Arab news channel to present untouched news and uncensored debate.’
- ‘Jeff allowed me to photograph him in an uncensored way: while he was playing, being interviewed, at dinner, at rest - everything.’
- ‘The First Season DVD is terrific, including the expanded, uncensored pilot episode.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.