One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a male animal) not castrated.
- ‘The stock bull, early born uncastrated males, or unwanted ‘visitors’ from or to neighbouring farms are the likely culprits.’
- ‘Animals which have a carnivorous diet are not generally considered suitable for food, and the meat of uncastrated adult male animals is often shunned.’
- ‘For instance, say that uncastrated men really don't want to be chemically castrated, but once they are they don't really suffer much.’
- ‘The receipt specifies the product of a stonehorse, that is a horse uncastrated, a full stallion.’
- ‘I haven't seen them around for a while, but Gordon has enemies, mostly large ginger uncastrated male cats who live further up the street, and occasionally steal food from the kitchen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.