One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Proclus had been installed as bishop in the place of a bishop uncanonically thrust out to make room for him.’
- ‘The Ukrainian Church has seceded from the Patriarchate of Moscow where it was placed uncanonically and illegally.’
- ‘In 1833, for example, the Church of Greece unilaterally and uncanonically proclaimed its independence from the patriarch of Constantinople.’
- ‘The same may be said of priests and deacons who uncanonically leave the jurisdiction of their bishop to whom they are bound by their priestly oath of allegiance.’
- ‘Over and ever he said to everyone, ‘Whatever has been done uncanonically cannot stand - it will fall.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.