One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting or made of material that does not burn if exposed to fire.‘tins, broken plates and other unburnable goods’
non-flammable, non-combustible, not inflammableView synonyms
- ‘Mixed with poor coal are certain unburnable materials that melt and stick together as it burns and form what are known as clinkers.’
- ‘I ask people to remove all unburnable rubbish in bin liners.’
- ‘Their fireproof yarns and fabrics could create superlight firefighting clothes, lifesaving shelters for fire jumpers, and unburnable housing materials.’
- ‘It is so unburnable that NASA uses it for the protective shell of its space shuttles.’
- ‘Elm, apart from being nearly unsplittable, is almost unburnable.’
- ‘The rest of the material forms char, which is nearly pure carbon, and ash, which is all of the unburnable minerals in the wood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.