One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting or made of material that does not burn if exposed to fire.‘tins, broken plates and other unburnable goods’
non-flammable, non-combustible, not inflammableView synonyms
- ‘The rest of the material forms char, which is nearly pure carbon, and ash, which is all of the unburnable minerals in the wood.’
- ‘Mixed with poor coal are certain unburnable materials that melt and stick together as it burns and form what are known as clinkers.’
- ‘Their fireproof yarns and fabrics could create superlight firefighting clothes, lifesaving shelters for fire jumpers, and unburnable housing materials.’
- ‘I ask people to remove all unburnable rubbish in bin liners.’
- ‘It is so unburnable that NASA uses it for the protective shell of its space shuttles.’
- ‘Elm, apart from being nearly unsplittable, is almost unburnable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.