One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a ticket, accommodation, etc.) not yet booked.‘there are seven seats left unbooked’
- ‘We ensure that we supply enough unbooked appointments each day to meet the likely demand.’
- ‘Many small hotels intentionally leave rooms unbooked during the weekend's seller's market.’
- ‘He also blamed the low water levels on lock misuse and a number of unbooked boats.’
- ‘I've kept the last day completely unbooked.’
- ‘This means that equipment is taken out without their knowledge and is often unbooked.’
- ‘A spokesman for the Mayor said: "Unbooked minicabs pose a serious danger to the safety of Londoners."’
- ‘Hopes for a Games advertising bonanza have been dashed, prime sites are unbooked, and worries have turned to 2013.’
- ‘Of the next 52 weekends, just four remain unbooked.’
- ‘I thought I might be able to get a good deal on a hotel stay if I booked at the last minute to snatch a bargain on an unbooked room.’
- ‘I don't have a lot of time left unbooked between now and the 20th, so call me soon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.