One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While the film is unblinkingly brutal, with several sequences that border on the tragically absurd, Schickel doesn't see The Big Red One as an anti-war film.’
- ‘They insist he was happy with his lot and his legacy - and unblinkingly use the word ‘sacrifice’ when describing his decision to return to the frontline.’
- ‘But I do know that the majority of people unblinkingly, unthinkingly nod and drool at whatever the Wraith Industry spews our way.’
- ‘I do not doubt that environmentalist and Islamic terrorists, given the opportunity, would unblinkingly unleash calamity on the scale of the worst nuclear war scenarios of a generation ago.’
- ‘And just as Woyzeck culminates in murderous tragedy, so does Blood Money cast its gaze unblinkingly upon the darkest elements of human experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.