Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not mixed with other types of the same substance.‘unblended whisky’
unmixed, unalloyed, unadulterated, unblended, uncontaminated, sterling, solid, refined, one hundred per cent, 100%View synonyms
- ‘Heitz's Cabernets are straight and unblended.’
- ‘It was yet another occasion for him to do what he loves best about the job: keep tasting those unblended and reserve nectars of the grape gods!’
- ‘Today, the USP could be as unusual as ‘high-altitude unblended coffee, cultivated over 3,500 ft above the mean sea level’.’
- ‘Single quinta vintage ports are wholly unblended and can give some very idiosyncratic tastes.’
- ‘The sales of unblended champagnes and single barrel malt whiskies are increasing yearly.’
- ‘They are unblended teas, meaning that these teas feature the leaves only and no other additives.’
- ‘The present way that China does it is a straight unblended flux cigarette which is very harsh.’
- ‘Although encounters with unblended Australian Mataro are still relatively rare, the Barossa Valley location of most of it means that the wine tends to resemble the Spanish rather than the French version.’
- ‘The Staatskapelle Dresden's sound, on the other hand, is surprisingly unblended.’
- ‘There are several red La Boca varietals about but, unsurprisingly, this smooth, juicy, raspberry and blackberry-stacked unblended malbec, the country's finest red grape, is the best.’
- ‘I was taught that the appropriate strategy at these inevitable moments of Blank Page Paralysis is a couple of shots of good unblended Scotch followed by resolute persistence in composing.’
- ‘Blends range to include any mixture possible of these three varietals including 100% unblended versions.’
- ‘Fristam, for its part, will soon introduce a new shear blender with a rotor-stator system that eliminates any unblended product.’
- ‘The other painting style was called ‘rough,’ where an artist used bold, unblended brushstrokes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.