One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A lone violin could be heard, reaching the point of emotional unbearableness with mournful vibratoes and sorrowful strokes.’
- ‘And then what justifies death is the unbearableness of the pain rather than the painfulness.’
- ‘For sheer unbearableness, though, the prize may go to the sabotaging of Ben's poker night with the guys.’
- ‘The general unbearableness of one-leggedness combined with sock uncertainty soon warped Wilf's feeble mind.’
- ‘We are short of words but the feeling of unbearableness stays with us for long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.