One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having been baptized.
- ‘Properly understood, then, the desire by unbaptized persons to receive communion may not be well served by the rush to immediate gratification.’
- ‘The people of the parish are pleased with this permanent memorial to all the unbaptised children of the parish.’
- ‘During the question period that followed his talk, someone asked whether an unbaptized person could go to heaven.’
- ‘The belief in fairies was universal, and their power was specially dreaded in the case of women in childbed and of unbaptised infants.’
- ‘During this time of approximately one month, the woman was considered contaminated by the issue of blood and treated as though dangerous and in the sinful state of being unbaptized.’
- ‘The area around the building has long been used as a burial ground for unbaptised children, and the small headstones marking these sad graves can be seen.’
- ‘Unknown to potential converts, any judicial action against an unbaptized publisher is announced to the congregation, even if the action does not result in any official punishment (p.’
- ‘An unbaptized soul would have no benevolent cherub to swat away the demon's tight grip.’
- ‘The nearby Cilllin, or burial ground, was used up to about 40 years ago as a final resting place for unbaptised babies.’
- ‘The Kilkelly Cemetery Committee has erected an altar in Culmore Cemetery in memory of all the unbaptised children in the area.’
- ‘When writing on free choice before he became a bishop, Augustine had speculated that infants dying unbaptized would find their destiny in neither heaven nor hell.’
- ‘In a few decades you could not find in all this broad land an unbaptized infant.’
- ‘Those who die unbaptized will be interred at night in a field near the spot where they died.’
- ‘Cillini were the last resting places for unbaptised babies for centuries but were also the burial grounds for shipwrecked sailors washed up on the Kerry shoreline.’
- ‘Many Christians still believe that the souls of unbaptised babies who die will float around in a grey ether known as limbo for all eternity.’
- ‘Constantine, after all that he had done in religious disputes, was still unbaptized.’
- ‘The baptism is performed as soon after the birth as possible; traditionally, an unbaptized baby was susceptible to the devil.’
- ‘They did not even stop there, but let out all the unbaptized American infants we had been accumulating for two hundred years and more.’
- ‘It does not, in the slightest, suggest that the Old Covenant is not still binding on unbaptized Jews.’
- ‘An uncircumcised Jewish boy is like an unbaptised Christian child.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.