One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that cannot be avoided, prevented, or ignored.‘she was unavoidably detained on urgent business’sentence adverb ‘the book becomes, perhaps unavoidably, slightly repetitive’
- ‘Since the grouping here isn't chronological, there's an unavoidably scattershot feel to the set list.’
- ‘Unavoidably, given the author's identity, large stretches of My Stroke of Luck stray into predictable showbiz memoir territory.’
- ‘As you go about achieving this objective, civilian lives are unavoidably lost.’
- ‘There's no escaping his darker viewpoint and it is unavoidably a deeply schizophrenic album.’
- ‘Food safety is, unavoidably, a global issue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.