One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Orangery restaurant is not as gorgeous as the rest of the house, partly because it is in a modern extension, but mainly because it is unattractively lit.’
- ‘The project would bring back to vibrant life 300 acres of brownfield land at the unattractively named Pithouse West site, which neighbours the borough's award-winning Rother Valley Country Park.’
- ‘It grows to about 60 cm high, and is best raised annually from seed or cuttings as it soon starts to straggle and look unattractively untidy.’
- ‘Unfortunately, she is also quite unattractively photographed at times and needs to have a stern word with the cameraman.’
- ‘But an hour and a half of loser superheroes gimping around in unattractively tight costumes is certainly transfixing even if it isn't entertainment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.