One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The results of a post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death was unascertainable and a file has now been passed to the coroner.’
- ‘The extent of police abuse at any time is unascertainable, and for obvious reasons there is likely to be a substantial dark figure of hidden police deviance.’
- ‘She would give the cause of death as unascertainable.’
- ‘The cause I gave was unascertainable due to decomposition.’
- ‘I mean, this is a legislative framework that refers everybody through an unascertainable process where we're not certain whether there'll be any uniformity about it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.