One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The extent of police abuse at any time is unascertainable, and for obvious reasons there is likely to be a substantial dark figure of hidden police deviance.’
- ‘She would give the cause of death as unascertainable.’
- ‘The results of a post-mortem examination revealed the cause of death was unascertainable and a file has now been passed to the coroner.’
- ‘I mean, this is a legislative framework that refers everybody through an unascertainable process where we're not certain whether there'll be any uniformity about it.’
- ‘The cause I gave was unascertainable due to decomposition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.