One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not artistic or concerned with art.
uninspired, uninventive, unoriginal, uncreative, commonplace, pedestrian, mundane, matter-of-fact, ordinary, usual, routine, humdrum, prosaic, workaday, run of the mill, vanilla, plain vanillaView synonyms
- ‘In only three terms they have proven that one of the most notoriously unartistic faculties has what it takes to stage consistently entertaining theatre.’
- ‘When Raphael painted the Coronation of Charlemagne on the walls of the Vatican stanzas, was he being unartistic?’
- ‘Flavin's great success, like his kindred artistic spirit Donald Judd, arises from the complex spatial awareness he creates with such industrial, apparently unartistic means.’
- ‘What kind of a message does this send out to the cretins who ruin the town with their pathetic unartistic scribbles?’
- ‘I'm completely unartistic, but doing it in the semi-dark means I can let go of my self-consciousness long enough to have fun.’
- ‘Saying magical thinking is unscientific is as much of an error as discounting science as unartistic.’
- ‘I find that the speeches made by the Opposition are entirely negative, totally uncreative, and totally unartistic.’
- ‘It was the most unartistic house imaginable and there was a dreadful pergola that hung over the front door.’
- ‘Although Gilbert and George are promoting a reassuringly pedestrian and unartistic view of art, Higgs and Noble nonetheless do them something of a disservice here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.