One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Not perceived or understood.
- ‘The traumatic event is an unapprehended, and therefore unrealized moment in the history of the survivor that creates a rupture in the temporal continuity of the self.’
- ‘We are documenting the massive change that is happening, unapprehended, before our eyes.’
2Not arrested for a crime.
- ‘When The Hours of the Day finishes, Rosales's killer is still unapprehended; as viewers we are denied closure.’
- ‘They become visible people, rather than unapprehended criminals.’
- ‘Later, Nicholas I similarly forbade the spread of serfdom to Siberia; any serf who could escape and settle in Siberia unapprehended became a state peasant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.