One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Part of the idea seems to be to present merchandise unappealingly.’
- ‘I am not mathematically educated enough to critique his methods, but his public statements are unappealingly arrogant.’
- ‘And its buttery blood-orange sauce turned out to be unappealingly sweet, with none of the citrus tang that might have made the dish sing.’
- ‘Meanwhile, adventurous styling elsewhere in the market began to make Volvos look unappealingly out of step and old-fashioned, in dire need of visual updating.’
- ‘Self-assured as opposed to unappealingly cocksure, Evolution Flight would be a towering achievement based on any criteria you chose to elect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.