One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Agreement by all people involved; consensus.‘there is almost complete unanimity on this issue’
agreement, accord, harmony, concord, unity, union, solidarity, unison, consensus, like-mindedness, assentView synonyms
- ‘There is British insistence on unanimity for tax harmonization, partly on grounds of sovereignty.’
- ‘The unanimity expressed by the First Minister and the main opposition party leader should be enough to reassure any reasonable parent.’
- ‘There is unanimity among advertisers and producers that advertising of this kind needs to be as unobtrusive as possible.’
- ‘The predominance of unanimity encourages least-common-denominator agreements.’
- ‘It's also important to remember, in the context of the contest, that unanimity is not the same thing as unity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.