One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Much of what Kerry offers unambivalently is simply not realistic.’
- ‘Like many in the documentary, he's a good talker - these were films, after all, with reams of dialogue - but I think I prefer the Easy Riders Raging Bulls version of Friedkin when he was unambivalently immoral.’
- ‘Yet according to a 2003 survey conducted by a pro-choice organization, ‘only 30 percent of women were unambivalently pro-choice.’’
- ‘But all Americans would be much better off if Indians felt unalienated, and proudly and unambivalently Indian and American, just as the Frisians feel proud to be both Frisian and Dutch.’
- ‘It allows for a participation that, by virtue of simultaneous commitment to another religion, cannot be unambivalently wholehearted, and will inevitably exhibit some sign of restraint, even fragmentariness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.