One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not changing; remaining the same.‘people who come to confession with an unaltering list of sins’
unchanging, steady, unvarying, stable, even, uniform, regular, consistent, constantView synonyms
- ‘Rational men, in all ages and countries, must always demand the same unaltering satisfactions of the same unaltering basic needs.’
- ‘His comfortable, unpunctual days became subject to the unaltering routine of a palace.’
- ‘Human nature is unaltering and perhaps unalterable.’
- ‘The beds and bed-rooms, at night, present a smothering unaltering warmth.’
- ‘No matter how often you see a movie, the performances are fixed, unaltering whether on the big screen or on the back of a seat in a 747.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.