Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not changing; remaining the same.‘people who come to confession with an unaltering list of sins’
unchanging, steady, unvarying, stable, even, uniform, regular, consistent, constantView synonyms
- ‘His comfortable, unpunctual days became subject to the unaltering routine of a palace.’
- ‘Rational men, in all ages and countries, must always demand the same unaltering satisfactions of the same unaltering basic needs.’
- ‘No matter how often you see a movie, the performances are fixed, unaltering whether on the big screen or on the back of a seat in a 747.’
- ‘The beds and bed-rooms, at night, present a smothering unaltering warmth.’
- ‘Human nature is unaltering and perhaps unalterable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.