Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not changing; remaining the same.‘people who come to confession with an unaltering list of sins’
unchanging, steady, unvarying, stable, even, uniform, regular, consistent, constantView synonyms
- ‘The beds and bed-rooms, at night, present a smothering unaltering warmth.’
- ‘Human nature is unaltering and perhaps unalterable.’
- ‘Rational men, in all ages and countries, must always demand the same unaltering satisfactions of the same unaltering basic needs.’
- ‘No matter how often you see a movie, the performances are fixed, unaltering whether on the big screen or on the back of a seat in a 747.’
- ‘His comfortable, unpunctual days became subject to the unaltering routine of a palace.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.