One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
not allowable, invalid, not acceptable, unacceptable, impermissible, disallowed, forbidden, prohibited, precludedView synonyms
- ‘As if to mirror this discovery, Part Two is full of highly polished and accomplished writing, beautiful in ways unallowable in Part One.’
- ‘The result is that the specification discloses additional matter, and the amendment is unallowable.’
- ‘In this gynocentric world, signs of misogyny are watched for closely, and acts of misogyny are now morally and legally unallowable.’
- ‘At its center is the unallowable lovemaking of a middle-class woman, Ammu, and an untouchable, Velutha, two fine people destroyed in ugly fashion (others are swept in too) when their affair is discovered.’
- ‘Out of that emerges a hierarchy of allowable and unallowable crimes.’
- ‘This type of charge is unallowable as a direct cost because the volume of binders is not substantial nor was it demonstrated that the binders are essential.’
- ‘A company is not prohibited from incurring unallowable costs, but they cannot be recovered either directly or indirectly under federal government contracts.’
- ‘In follow-up audits of selected hospitals and clinics in the 10-state area, OIG found rates of unallowable claims ranging up to 100%.’
- ‘The line between allowable combat support roles and unallowable military combat roles is also an important issue.’
- ‘The federal share of the unallowable pre-award costs was $1312099.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.