One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not weakening or losing intensity.‘the battle raged with unabating fury’‘unabating enthusiasm’
- ‘I've no desire to harbour unabating paranoia about my neighbours.’
- ‘The apparently unabating national and household poverty is widely debated.’
- ‘The breakthrough was hailed as a turning point in television and an indication of an unabating shift toward Internet-delivered entertainment.’
- ‘The maddening howl of the wind blowing around the little house makes the presence of sound constant and unabating.’
- ‘But his misfortune was unabating: she was bitten by a snake and died.’
- ‘The only variety on this journey through unabating forest and palm plantations was a policeman arresting a fellow passenger.’
- ‘A beautiful and lyrical middle interlude provides a brief respite amid music of unabating virtuosity.’
- ‘Government support for the cable project came largely from Field's unabating conviction that the cable should be an international project.’
- ‘Her sister's selfishness and inertia were unabating.’
- ‘When she was again at home with him he treated her no less cruelly than heretofore; yet still she continued to love him with unabating affection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.