Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.‘he was unabashed by the furore his words provoked’
unashamed, shameless, unembarrassed, brazen, audacious, barefaced, blatant, flagrant, bold, bold as brass, confident, immodest, unblushing, unrepentant, undaunted, unconcerned, undismayed, unshrinking, unflinching, fearlesscocky, brass-neckedView synonyms
- ‘The sheer audacity of this album, its unabashed confidence and sense of drama is jaw dropping.’
- ‘His unabashed pinky-extended criticism almost always gives an enjoyable read.’
- ‘The unabashed stylization of the new popular poetry demonstrates two basic features of oral poetry.’
- ‘Walking down the dark hall, groping the walls, was Northeast Philly in all its unabashed intimacy.’
- ‘I dashed after her and caught up with her outside where she stood unabashed and unembarrassed staring around her.’
- ‘Gradually, the adoration turns into unabashed devotion, as people try to clamber onto the stage.’
- ‘The unabashed display of political partisanship certainly added some spice to an otherwise lackluster campaign.’
- ‘Grab the chance to laugh with someone who's excited and unabashed.’
- ‘An unabashed populist, Besson doesn't make movies for critics.’
- ‘Passivity, in the face of such a bold, unabashed show of power from above, appears to be the order of the day.’
- ‘Both are unabashed liberals who became popular by being openly, even caustically partisan.’
- ‘He broke an unwritten rule for Aberdeen players in being unabashed about his fanaticism for Celtic during his Dumbarton upbringing.’
- ‘This was an unabashed and unconcealed way of hiding the truth from those above!’
- ‘Donahue is that rarest of TV creatures, an unabashed liberal with his own prime time show.’
- ‘This was nothing compared with the unabashed pro-Americanism of their declaration.’
- ‘We've done it in the main in an unashamed, unabashed patriotic fashion.’
- ‘The hyper colors reveal text that is unabashed in language and meaning.’
- ‘The winner would then take on incumbent Democrat Ed Rendell - an unabashed Eagles fan.’
- ‘Hilles may have a spare, muscular style of writing, but he is unabashed when it comes to expressing his affection for Luke.’
- ‘Au Pied de Cochon is an unabashed celebration of carnivorousness.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.