One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an atom, molecule, or substance) not ionized.
- ‘The adsorption and partition characteristics of un-ionized PCP as compared to ionized PCP molecules in egg-phosphatidylcholine membrane show that un-ionized PCP has greater affinity to the membranes.’
- ‘Wet chemical tests used on farms measure the sum of the un-ionised and ionised ammonia or total ammonia nitrogen.’
- ‘It appears that the levels of Ammonia and un-ionised Ammonia being discharged from the outflow broke EC regulations and they had to do something pretty fast.’
- ‘When some substances are placed in a solvent, the un-ionized form remains a solid, while some of it ionizes into cations and anions in the solution: CD C + + D - (aq).’
- ‘Nine PA molecules were also grouped in the ratio 6: 3 un-ionized / ionized PA to make a 33% ionized PA monolayer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.