The non-mandatory lesser pilgrimage made by Muslims to Mecca, which may be performed at any time of the year.Compare with hajj
- ‘I told her not to over-exhaust herself (as it is the Ramadhan month and Mecca would be too crowded) by performing many umrahs if her physical strength couldn't take it.’
- ‘Should it not deserve our attention if our talented students drop out of schools due to paucity of funds or child labour while our elite perform repeated umrahs and hajjs?’
- ‘Perform as many tawaaf, umrah and nafl salaat as you can and make du'aa that the thawaab of this be presented to Rasûlullâh.’
- ‘Subhanallah, here I was, with two perfectly healthy, strong legs and yet I had come half-reluctantly… thinking that I had already done three umrahs and that that was quite enough.’
- ‘How did you find the umrahs as an experience?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.