Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An offshore investment fund which invests only in other investment funds.
- ‘Each umbrella fund may also have a number of subfunds that incur legal fees of approximately another €10,000, and the same again for the auditor.’
- ‘Although not specifically defined in the Pension Funds Act (the Act), an umbrella fund is a separate legal entity, registered with NAMFISA and subject to the provisions of the Act.’
- ‘Pension funds are classified in three categories according to their size - small funds with no more than 500 members, medium funds with no more than 3 000 members and large funds with more than 3 000 members and umbrella funds.’
- ‘Fund supermarkets offer an umbrella fund for investors which invests in a range of other funds at their discretion.’
- ‘SO-CALLED "umbrella" portfolios have become very popular with fund management companies in recent years.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.