One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Another way of accentuating the flavour is by adding a little of one of their umbelliferous relatives: celery leaves, fennel seeds, chervil, or parsley.’
- ‘Cumin seeds are an umbelliferous herb indigenous to Egypt.’
- ‘Those with strong antioxidant activity include garlic, soybeans, cabbage and umbelliferous vegetables, such as carrot and celery.’
- ‘Self-fertilisation is the rule in umbelliferous species.’
- ‘A plant with an umbelliferous inflorescence is one whose flowers are borne on stalks or pedicels originating from a common node on the main stem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.