One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Eskimo woman's short-handled knife with a broad crescent-shaped blade.
- ‘Stone tools tend to be polished slate rather than chipped stone, and include lanceolate knives, projectile heads, and the ulu transverse-bladed knife.’
- ‘Converting the tool back-and-forth from an ulu to a hatchet is merely a matter of spreading the locking Zytel handles and reversing them.’
- ‘She held only her ulu (crescent-knife) in hand.’
- ‘Buy an ulu knife to use in your kitchen back home.’
- ‘A small brass pendant shaped like an ulu hung below her chest as she sat in the witness chair, wearing a black and brown sweater and black jeans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.