One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As both a former ultramarathoner and a biologist, I know this gesture to be reflexive in runners and other competitors who have fought hard and then feel the exhilaration of triumph over adversity.’
- ‘The quintessential ultramarathoner, Karnazes takes exquisite joy from the fundamental act of the sport he describes as the zenith of endurance.’
- ‘Lucy Njeri, of Kenya, was fifth, and Amy Pyles, of Hummelstown, outsprinted ultramarathoner Elvira Kolpakova for sixth place.’
- ‘Hungarian ultramarathoner Edit Berces pounds out 153.6 miles on a treadmill, setting a new 24-hour world record.’
- ‘Even Ann Trason, the pre-eminent woman ultramarathoner who has been the top woman at the Western States 100 an astounding 14 times, says her first ultra was "a really horrible experience."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.