One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The holding of extreme opinions.
- ‘By the late 1820s, rising public indignation in the North, called by some ‘ultraism, ‘strengthened antislavery sentiments.’’
- ‘In Spain this poetic school was called ‘ultraism’ in recognition of its overseas origin and also of its ultimate directions.’
- ‘They are much afraid the ultraism of the present day will destroy the church.’
- ‘Well, ultraism has been around for a long time, and its root meaning is people who advocate extreme measures.’
- ‘And, as do many manifestos, ultraism embraced many other writers prior to the naming of this movement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.