One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Filtration using a medium fine enough to retain colloidal particles, viruses, or large molecules.
- ‘The procedure for the isolation of PHU from freshly collected male urine included filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.’
- ‘The ultrafiltration molecular weight separation transforms the product into 50 percent protein, allowing smaller molecular weight particles like minerals and lactose to pass through a screen while the protein is retained.’
- ‘The procedure for the preparation of CDA-II from male urine includes filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.’
- ‘The supernatant was desalted by centrifugal gel filtration and concentrated by ultrafiltration as previously described.’
- ‘Specific processing by microfiltration, ion exchange and ultrafiltration can concentrate GMP in whey protein to 70 to 80 percent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.