Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Filtration using a medium fine enough to retain colloidal particles, viruses, or large molecules.
- ‘The supernatant was desalted by centrifugal gel filtration and concentrated by ultrafiltration as previously described.’
- ‘The procedure for the preparation of CDA-II from male urine includes filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.’
- ‘The procedure for the isolation of PHU from freshly collected male urine included filtration, ultrafiltration and reverse-phase chromatography.’
- ‘The ultrafiltration molecular weight separation transforms the product into 50 percent protein, allowing smaller molecular weight particles like minerals and lactose to pass through a screen while the protein is retained.’
- ‘Specific processing by microfiltration, ion exchange and ultrafiltration can concentrate GMP in whey protein to 70 to 80 percent.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.