One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a neutron) having an energy of the order of 10⁻⁷ eV or less.
- ‘In 2003 the last five of these groups produced ultracold molecules by causing pairs of fermionic atoms to associate with one another at a Feshbach resonance.’
- ‘Arrays of ultracold atoms trapped by artificial crystals of light can be used in a wide variety of experiments in quantum physics’
- ‘THE FIELD of ultracold quantum gases is no longer in its infancy.’
- ‘We naively thought that by ionizing the ultracold atoms in our trap, we would be running the CERN process in reverse.’
- ‘It's nifty to look into the chamber and see a clump of ultracold atoms floating there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.