One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thin, lightweight form of laptop having similar functionality to an ordinary laptop but lacking some of its hardware features.‘if I want a PC I will buy a desktop and if I want something more portable I'll buy an Ultrabook’
- ‘A device can be marketed as an Ultrabook only if it uses a specific processor manufactured by Intel.’
- ‘HP also revealed that the HP Envy X2 Ultrabook it unveiled in Berlin will also use Clover Trail.’
- ‘Most interesting features were the suggestions that forthcoming ultrabook laptops will incorporate touch, so that zooming in on a webpage will be as easy as it is on a tablet currently, but typing will offer the familiar laptop experience.’
- ‘A typical ultrabook weighs about three pounds, uses an Intel quad-core processor, boasts a 5-8 hour battery life, and frequently lacks any hard drive storage in favor of lighter solid-state drives (SSDs).’
- ‘A touchscreen will add at least $100 to the price of an Ultrabook.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.