Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting igneous rocks having a silica content less than 45 per cent by weight.
- ‘On the other hand, the Kudi gneisses are imbricated with an ophiolitic slice south to Kudi, and overthrust by the Buziwan ultrabasic rocks.’
- ‘Their southward imbrication within the Kudi gneisses, the similar lithology and occurrence close to the Buziwan ultrabasic rocks near Kudi village may indicate they could have been part of Buziwan ophiolite.’
- ‘Jansen also describes gabbro, diabase, ultrabasic rocks and Permian limestones in a comparable section on Naxos.’
- ‘This convergence gave rise to southward thrusting of the Yixieke forearc in Ordovician-Early Silurian time, which then led to obduction of the Buziwan ultrabasic rocks southward over the Kudi terrane.’
- ‘Major shear zones containing basic and ultrabasic igneous rocks are interpreted as suture zones.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.