One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting igneous rocks having a silica content less than 45 per cent by weight.
- ‘Their southward imbrication within the Kudi gneisses, the similar lithology and occurrence close to the Buziwan ultrabasic rocks near Kudi village may indicate they could have been part of Buziwan ophiolite.’
- ‘On the other hand, the Kudi gneisses are imbricated with an ophiolitic slice south to Kudi, and overthrust by the Buziwan ultrabasic rocks.’
- ‘This convergence gave rise to southward thrusting of the Yixieke forearc in Ordovician-Early Silurian time, which then led to obduction of the Buziwan ultrabasic rocks southward over the Kudi terrane.’
- ‘Major shear zones containing basic and ultrabasic igneous rocks are interpreted as suture zones.’
- ‘Jansen also describes gabbro, diabase, ultrabasic rocks and Permian limestones in a comparable section on Naxos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.