One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio frequency in the range 300 to 3,000 MHz.
- ‘The Maori Television Service has moved significantly towards the signing of contracts for the provision of the ultra-high frequency transmission service, and is in negotiations over a digital satellite platform.’
- ‘The brigade commander talked to the helicopter on the brigade FM net while the ALO talked to the Air Force plane on an ultra-high frequency channel.’
- ‘The VRC - 103 will be used as an aviation battalion flight operations radio, operating in multiple band frequencies in high frequency and ultra-high frequency bands.’
- ‘Today's business radios use either very high frequency or ultra-high frequency bands.’
- ‘TVS was awarded a permanent ultra-high frequency 31 television broadcasting licence by the Australian Broadcasting Authority last month, even though TVS said it needs at least eight months to be ready to begin transmission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.