One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely fast.‘the roll-out of ultra-fast broadband’‘an ultra-fast railway’
- ‘They announced that they would jointly develop standards that will allow them to roll out ultrafast fiber-optic lines right to customers' doorsteps.’
- ‘The price, easy access to a huge library of media, weight, and ultra-fast browser make it very attractive to tablet users.’
- ‘The ultra-fast connections for residents come as a fringe benefit of the project.’
- ‘Video and television content is a driving force for ultra-fast broadband.’
- ‘The ultra-fast response, giant display, and impressive battery life make a big contribution to the overall appeal.’
- ‘The new device can be compared to a camera with ultrafast shutter speeds, allowing scientists to take real-time "pictures" of finer structures and dynamics.’
- ‘Strong field chemistry uses ultrafast lasers to produce intense laser pulses that create tremendous electric fields around a molecule.’
- ‘One of the big markets for ultrafast lasers is biological science.’
- ‘The controversial high-speed rail link could improve access to ultra-fast broadband for rural communities.’
- ‘Radical plans to run ultra-fast trains between York and London within ten years could hit the buffers, it emerged today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.