Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extremely fashionable:‘a centre for ultra-fashionable shopping’‘ultra-fashionable bags that combine style and practicality’
very popular, in fashion, in style, in vogue, the craze, the latest craze, the thing, the latest thing, in demand, in great demand, much sought-after, ultra-fashionableView synonyms
- ‘Every so often, a company or sector becomes ultra-fashionable and demand for the shares concerned pushes prices far in excess of their fair value.’
- ‘Much of her acquisition of objets d' art was done through Paris art dealers, who were making the Rue Saint-Honore a centre for ultra-fashionable shopping.’
- ‘Why not be brave and do this autumn's ultra fashionable androgynous look by donning a 40s inspired Tux?’
- ‘In San Francisco, one of the pioneers of authentic Mexican food and fine tequila thrives far from the pulse of today's ultra fashionable urban drinking scene.’
- ‘Written and directed by series creator Michael Mann, Miami Vice will co-star Colin Farrell and Foxx as ultrafashionable narcotics cops Crockett and Tubbs.’
- ‘Flying to or from Hawaii had, by 1940, become the ultra-fashionable way to traverse oceans.’
- ‘If you look at the shape of some of these ultra-fashionable shoes, you can clearly see that their shape doesn't remotely resemble the shape of the foot, and so obviously they cause damage.’
- ‘An animated Snow White, an ultrafashionable leather-clad Evil Queen, and the Seven Dwarfs' diamond mine turned into a late-night disco are just a few of the many surprises.’
- ‘McGinley is bringing two further developments to Irish investors in New York before the year is out - one on 23rd Street, another in the ultra-fashionable Tribeca district.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.