One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely careful.‘we need to be ultra-careful with our finances’
diligent, industrious, punctilious, painstaking, sedulous, assiduous, dedicated, careful, meticulous, thorough, attentive, laborious, hard-working, persevering, unflagging, searching, close, minute, accurate, correct, studious, rigorous, particularView synonyms
- ‘I am ultracareful about my riding position on the road.’
- ‘We're being ultra-careful not to infringe your rights.’
- ‘I've been ultra-careful about everything.’
- ‘You have to be ultra-careful not to dive in against these type of players because they are looking for it.’
- ‘They were so pleased with the ultra-precise, ultracareful work of young J. D. Rockefeller that they talked him up in the trade.’
- ‘You hear governing bodies saying it is the responsibility of the athletes for what is taken so you have to be ultra-careful.’
- ‘You have to be ultra-careful that you're not giving information you haven't given publicly.’
- ‘At this time of year because many of the plants are frost tender you have to be ultra-careful to give them protection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.