One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely careful.‘we need to be ultra-careful with our finances’
diligent, industrious, punctilious, painstaking, sedulous, assiduous, dedicated, careful, meticulous, thorough, attentive, laborious, hard-working, persevering, unflagging, searching, close, minute, accurate, correct, studious, rigorous, particularView synonyms
- ‘I've been ultra-careful about everything.’
- ‘I am ultracareful about my riding position on the road.’
- ‘You have to be ultra-careful not to dive in against these type of players because they are looking for it.’
- ‘We're being ultra-careful not to infringe your rights.’
- ‘You have to be ultra-careful that you're not giving information you haven't given publicly.’
- ‘You hear governing bodies saying it is the responsibility of the athletes for what is taken so you have to be ultra-careful.’
- ‘At this time of year because many of the plants are frost tender you have to be ultra-careful to give them protection.’
- ‘They were so pleased with the ultra-precise, ultracareful work of young J. D. Rockefeller that they talked him up in the trade.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.