One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A team sport in which players seek to score points by passing a Frisbee to a teammate over the opposing team's goal line.‘accurate throwing is hugely important in Ultimate Frisbee’
- ‘He's introduced by one of their classmates who broke his wrist playing Ultimate Frisbee.’
- ‘Ultimate frisbee isn't just a sport, but a way of staying together, having fun and travelling.’
- ‘She was engaged in an after-dinner game of Ultimate Frisbee with an assortment of alumni and staff.’
- ‘Ultimate Frisbee combines the nonstop movement and athletic endurance of soccer with the aerial passing skills of football.’
- ‘When I got my first taste of Ultimate Frisbee, I was pleasantly surprised.’
- ‘The nature of Ultimate Frisbee usually calls on the faster, more decisive team to win.’
- ‘Traditionally, ultimate frisbee is a co-ed sport which has been played for decades without the arbitration of a referee.’
- ‘Ultimate frisbee is a serious game based on fun and fair play.’
- ‘Ultimate Frisbee is a fast-moving team sport.’
- ‘I play ultimate Frisbee every week, and I lift weights.’
1970s: from ultimate and Frisbee (a proprietary name).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.