Develop into or become affected by an ulcer.‘a small vesicle which ulcerates and spreads’‘the smell of his ulcerated leg’
suppurative, ulcerative, festering, cankerous, cankeredView synonyms
- ‘The vesicles rupture, and a painless, ulcerated, black eschar develops.’
- ‘These pruritic vesicular lesions appear as ‘dew drops on a rose petal,’ which may ulcerate and develop crusting.’
- ‘Following a two - to eight-week incubation period, papules develop that may ulcerate or evolve into abscesses.’
- ‘The papule becomes pustular and ulcerates, producing an ulcer crater with colorless exudate.’
- ‘The nodules and the papule on the affected finger began to ulcerate and produce a purulent discharge.’
Late Middle English: from Latin ulcerat- made ulcerous, from the verb ulcerare.