Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘a cross-platform UI’short for user interface
- ‘How customizable is the UI?’
- ‘At a high level, we're looking at making resourcing, building and UI more intuitive and straightforward.’
- ‘Central to the new warehouse management system is an overhauled user interface (UI).’
- ‘Eventually we get to a point where the art team needs to start implementing their work (levels, front end UI, characters, animations, etc.) into the game.’
- ‘Most of the work has been focused on getting the UI easy to use.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.